As Practice Leader of Employee Benefits, Laura is responsible for supporting the internal service team in growth and development strategies through operational excellence. As a member of the Leadership Team, she is accountable to clients for their partnership experience with Gibson.
Prior to joining Gibson, Laura spent fifteen years at another firm where she worked with both fully insured and self-funded employers ranging in size from 15 to 1300 employee lives. Laura’s consulting strengths were in strategically leading clients through challenging renewals, developing long-term benefit strategies, and focusing on employee health and well-being through data analytics. Over her 15 years, her client retention was an area of recognition in the market. In addition to serving clients directly, she contributed organizationally through mergers and acquisitions, developed and enhanced service delivery models, as well as led various product development teams. Laura’s strengths lie in strategic ideation, vision execution, project management, and process development and improvement.
Laura also has a long history in the corporate health and well-being space, having previously served on the board of the Wellness Council of Indiana. During this time, she contributed strategically to their AchieveWELL award recognition experience for employers, served applying organizations as a mentor, as well as led to the founding of best-practice sharing sessions.
- Organizational Process Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Operational Efficiency and Scalability Strategies
- Employee Health and Well-being
- Self-Funded health plans
- Prescription Plan Management
- Life and Health Insurance License
- Volunteer, Crestview Community Church
- Purdue University | Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics; Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition, Fitness, and Health