Andy is a Loss Prevention Consultant in Risk Management Services at Gibson, specializing in risk management techniques and loss prevention services for business clients.
Prior to joining Gibson in 2012, Andy was the QA/Process Engineer at Hoosier Tire & Rubber where he was integral in the creation of and training for new employees in safety and production.
Andy retired from the Plymouth Fire Department after 25 years of service in 2018, where he worked his way up to Fire Chief for 5 years. As Chief, he conducted the Annual Fire Code and Life Safety Inspections and pre-incident planning for industrial sites in the Plymouth area using the International Fire Codes and National Fire Protection Association Codes. He worked extensively with OSHA 1910 while training fire personnel and is trained in full face respirator fit testing. In addition, his work on the fire ground included knowledge of OSHA 1926. He is well versed in hazardous material operations, awareness level training in trench, confined space, collapsed structure, and vehicle and machinery entanglement. Andy is formerly a certified Instructor I for fire fighting and an EMT-B.
- Retired Firefighter for the Plymouth Fire Department
- Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Marshall County Council on Aging
- Safety Committee member for the Boys & Girls Club of Marshall County
- Lifeguard & CPR/AED Instructor with the American Red Cross
- Former coach for the Plymouth Sharks competitive age group swim team
- Former member of the Marshall County Rescue Dive Team
- Staffing Industry
- Problem Solver
- Fire & Life Safety Inspections