Mark is a principal at Gibson with responsibilities as a team leader and providing risk management and insurance services to business clients. He specializes in identifying, quantifying and bringing clarity around strategic, business, and hazard risk exposures. Utilizing the proactive sightline process, he and his team provide counsel and advice on complex business and people issues extending beyond the scope of a traditional insurance engagement. Mark is a a member of Gibson’s Board of Directors.
Mark has extensive experience. His commercial underwriting career began in 1989 and progressed through several assignments with national insurance carriers. The combination of his years of underwriting, insurance company operations, and agency management experience give Mark a unique background and ability to develop comprehensive solutions for his clients. Prior to joining Gibson in 2003, Mark was senior underwriter for the technology practice at Chubb Insurance Company underwriting errors & omissions coverage and international programs for clients in the information technology and telecommunications sectors.
Mark’s entrepreneurial spirit led him to Gibson after thirteen years with insurance companies. As a principal at Gibson, Mark has gained experience as an owner, and his clients appreciate his concern, passion, and owner’s perspective. His work with the development of safety programs, claims analysis, and risk assessments allow him to customize risk management services and insurance programs helping his customers “protect what matters most.”
Mark frequently presents at seminars and in boardrooms sharing his knowledge on topics such as mergers & acquisitions (M&A), crisis management, product liability/recall, and cyber risk.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Board of Directors & Treasurer, Center for Hospice Care
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Hospice Foundation
- Board member and mentor, The Scholarship Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Graduate & Legacy Member of Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka
- Management & Professional Liability
- Cyber Risk & Privacy Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Commercial Real Estate
- Butler University | Masters degree in Business Administration
- Wittenberg University | Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration with Finance Emphasis